Orange County Newborn Photographer ~ Meet the Handsome Baby "P"!

February 4, 2011

Baby “P” was just the cutest baby around. He was only 12 days old when I shot his newborn photo session…it was the day prior to my 2 week Kauai vacation.  I was able to get many family shots but baby “P” didn’t want anything to do with a solo model career.  He was such a BIG newborn that he didn’t fit into any of my newborn props. The newborn hats and diaper covers that I had brought were all too little for this guy!  Even my knitted newborn cocoon was just a tad too small for him.  After trying to settle him several times we decided it was time for Baby “P” to hit the sack.  I was very bummed that I didn’t get the solo shots of Baby “P” so I wanted to do a filler mini session. When I returned from Kauai Baby “P” was already 4.5 weeks old , no longer a newborn.  But he was still as handsome as ever and slept for most of his session. Mom and dad requested we keep him clothed for this session and well it worked. He slept well and I was able to get some great shots of him sleeping and peacefully awake. He has such beautiful blue eyes!

Orange county newborn photographer

So, if you know me or have been following my blog you probably are aware that I love to shoot macros of my little newborns. I was happy that I was able to get his little lips! Aren’t they scrumptuous?
Orange County newborn photographer studiocee

Here is Baby “P” at 4.5 weeks old. Check out his baby blues! Gorgeous!!
Orange County Newborn PHotographer

Orange county newborn photographer

• amy lenhart · Posted February 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM · Link

gorgeous work!!! what an adorable little guy! love these!!

• sophie crew · Posted February 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM · Link

Www what a swett chunk of love! Love the variety and gorgeous set up and processing.

• Susie L · Posted February 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM · Link

Oh my goodness – look at his squishy lips in that last one! Oh I love it! They are all just gorgeous – I couldn’t begin to pick a favorite. And how neat to see his growth after you took your trip!

• Sylvia Borgo · Posted February 5, 2011 at 12:20 PM · Link

What a doll, he is!! I remember my first son was a big baby and he didn’t fit into any of his newborn clothes – he went straight to wearing 3-6 month old onesies. I love the closeness that you captured with the first family shot. And your macros – they are second to none, Clarice, love those squishy lips.

• Krissy Allori · Posted February 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM · Link

Beautiful! I love that macro shot. I also love how much he’s changed over 4 months. Those chubby cheeks are adorable.

• Rosalind · Posted February 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM · Link

Beautiful tones in these. I love the close up of his lips. That’s one to treasure when he is older…

• Lila · Posted February 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM · Link

Clarice – I adore these!! That lip shot is unreal – I love your macro work!!

• Ragan · Posted February 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM · Link

Ahhh, what a cutie! That last shot in the basket is so adorable!

• Kelsey {Las Vegas Wedding Photographer} · Posted February 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM · Link

Precious little baby. Adore the detail shot!

• Kimberly Marie · Posted February 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM · Link

Beautiful work! LOVE them. the macro is perfection!

• Leanne · Posted February 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM · Link

what a cutie! I love the way you have captured his gorgeous lips.

• Heather E · Posted February 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM · Link

Gorgeous! I especially love the close up of those adorable lips!

• Shannon Wilkinson · Posted February 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM · Link

Absolute perfection. What an adorable chunkster. Those squishy lips are just to die for and you captured some gorgeous images. Beautiful work as always.

• Lisa Kryschuk · Posted February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM · Link

Gorgeous work!!!!

• Elizabeth Sethi · Posted February 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM · Link

He is a big guy, but so adorable! I love your baby macros, his parents will treasure that shot. They change so quickly!!

• Beth Ross · Posted February 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM · Link

SQUEAL!!!!! He is sooo adorable. I love his squishy face and lips. Beautiful images.

• Beira · Posted February 6, 2011 at 1:20 PM · Link

Gorgeous baby! Love the close-up lip shot.

• Amanda Radovic · Posted February 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM · Link

oh I love that lip macro photo, and isn’t he such a sweet little cherub!
    Lovely session

• dsr · Posted February 6, 2011 at 5:07 PM · Link

Beautiful newborn. Your photos are beautiful too!

• Kara Layfield · Posted February 7, 2011 at 6:04 AM · Link

Beautiful work!! I love the first with Mom and Dad. They are all just precious!

• Becca Wersland · Posted February 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM · Link

oh, my gaaah. what a beautiful session and family. love love love these, clarice!!

• shannon treadway · Posted February 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM · Link

Oh my goodness at the sweet squishy lips! These are all beautiful! lovely work as always!

• Claire · Posted February 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM · Link

Love these!! My favorite is the macro shot! Great job capturing these memories!

• Melissa Stottmann · Posted February 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM · Link

Look at his chunky little self! Love baby chub! He’s adorable, and your macro shot is perfection <3

• ashley · Posted February 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM · Link

Beautiful captures and wonderful work!